who all has read this book? i bought it Sunday and read 15 chapters yesterday and I love it so far, definitely one of my favorite books ive read
who all has read this book? i bought it Sunday and read 15 chapters yesterday and I love it so far, definitely one of my favorite books ive read
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I've been wanting to read it for a long time, but I've not gotten around to it yet. I want to read Angels and Demons too.
Hopefully I'll pick them up soon and finally get the chance to read both books.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
Dan Brown has an interesting website that talks about all of his books and gives pictures of the places and things he talks about in his books...i used it last night as i went through the Da Vinci Code
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I've read both The Da Vinci Code and Angles and Demons...both really great books!! They are those types of books that you can't stop reading them because you want to know what happens!!
KEEp in mind ..They're FiCtion...an idea
the facts in the book are anything but fiction
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Quite true; I watched a great Dateline special on the Da Vinci Code, and it sought to explain some of the theories that influence the plot. The program also exposed historical truths that basically undermine any credibitly some might attribute to the work. Most realize it is a work of fiction, but some have mistakenly taken it as gospel (bad pun I know). The book is quite interesting though, and so is the Dateline TV special.
You wanted the best, you got the best...
The STORY is fiction, but there are many many FACTS in the book. And he even puts something on a page before you get to the actual book that says what the FACTS are in the book. (I don't have my book with me, but I'm almost 100% sure the book contains that gcdevil can you elaborate?)
Not sure what the difference between facts and FACTS is; regardless, just because the book lists certain points as facts doesn't make it entirely truthful or without flaw. Of course, the same can be said of any written work or TV program, art, music, etc... That's exactly what makes the Dateline story so interesting; it takes those facts or FACTS and gives them a good "going-over." It's worth checking out...
You wanted the best, you got the best...
For those who might be interested in the Dateline story on the Da Vinci Code, here's a link to the original 1-hour story. It's long and it makes better watching than reading, but interesting nonetheless: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7491383
You wanted the best, you got the best...
Bookmarks